16.3.06


Mekong Delta, Vietnam
Originally uploaded by Zakcq.
I think these last few days have been the longest I've gone without blogging since J left. It's been mostly due to my ungodly work/school schedule the last few days. I've been working an open (4:45 AM till 1:15 PM) and then going to school from 6 to 9 PM, which means I've been sleeping in two 4 hour shifts, one in the afternoon and one at night. Luckily, I don't have to be back to work until noon tomorrow.

I talked to J yesterday, which is always one of the highlights of my week. She sounded really good. She has been blogging a bunch and also uploaded a really great set of photos from the Mekong Delta. She's really good at taking pictures of people, something I'm not good at. Some of these look like they should be in Time or National Geographic.

I had a wonderful time in MPLS. I really enjoyed seeing everyone and it totally recharged me. Thanks to everyone who made time for me.

So anyways, my last post was a little different then usual. I used to keep a journal and I would write down quotes that I really liked (actually, if you look at my old journals, which you won't, because I won't let you, you would find that they are mostly quotes), but my old "church" made basically made journaling a religious requirement, so when I gave up those practices I dropped journaling too. I think I'm going to start posting them here instead. It's interesting to get other peoples perspective on them anyways.

I've got a couple of big writing projects to be working on for school over the next few weeks. I've got a short paper on housing supply methods due in two weeks and I want to start getting some stuff on paper (on screen? in bit format?) for my urban agriculture paper.

Just two more days of work and then it's the weekend. One day to do laundry and write and one to take a train to a random New England small town and take some pictures? Sounds about right.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP