16.4.06

come on...

So, a group of evangelical pastors, including Purpose Driven Life author Rick Warren, have come together (finally) and signed a document that says that they believe global warming is real, that it is being caused by people, and that we should do something about it.

Falwell, Colson, and Joseph Farah, on the other hand, said that the signers were being mislead and strongly implied that their salvation was at risk in an op-ed on the conservative website WorldNetDaily.net... good thing they won't be making the final call...

I was just having a conversation about this last week in my Environmental Sociology class. It annoys me to no end that the people who are supposed to be the stewards of God's earth are the first to stand up and protect corporate polluters and automobile culture. To me it is one of the major places where American Individualism has completely replaced Christian teaching (and common sense). I don't think I'm going to say anything else about this, but I thought it was a good story and it's nice to see.

1 comments:

Anna 2:53 PM  

I agree with everything you said. I just thought you needed a comment since I didn't say anything for awhile.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP