18.1.06

hump day


Alexandria, Egypt
Originally uploaded by Zakcq.
I had the general annoyance of having someone try to use my credit card number this morning. The company caught it right away since it was a 10 cent charge to a foreign internet company. I guess they do that to test if the number works. But anyways, I'm stuck with no card until they send a replacement and I pretty much never use cash, so it's annoying.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in a good novel, I just finished Midaq Alley by Naguib Mahfouz, who is an Egyptian author that J brought back from Egypt. It's very good. It centers around a bunch of charactors who all live on the same street in 40's Cairo. You really get a feel for life there (it kind of reminds me of Pete Hamill's stuff about New York or Wladimir Kaminier about Berlin).

Must be off to class now.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP