10.9.05

TBell & Gehry


Cambridge, Massachusetts
Originally uploaded by Zakcq.
So I walk into a Taco Bell for like the first time in about two years last week. The menu is completely different and it looks like they are trying to do some kind of Chipotle build your own burrito clone sort of thing. I ask the kid at the counter if they've still got Chili-Cheese Burritos (or Chilitos for all you old timers) and he looked at me like I was crazy. What happened to the good old days? Anyways, I order enchiladas instead, which is ok, and a small soda. I go over to the soda machine, and what do I find? Blue Mountian Dew. I have tasted the future and it is nasty...


Cambridge, Massachusetts
Originally uploaded by Zakcq.



But anyways, we walked by the new Stata Building at MIT. It's freaking awesome. It was designed by Frank Gehry, who is one of the worlds leading impressionist-postmodernist architects. He also designed the Weismen in Minneapolis, the Guggenheim in Bilbao, and one of the buildings on Pariser Platz in Berlin (I'm not sure who owns it, but its on the side of the street with the Michael Jackson hotel and the US Embassy hole) and he also designed the concert hall in Springfield for all you who know the Simpsons better then the real world. Usually he works almost only in metals, but this one was really cool because it worked with both brickwork and metal. Very cool. There are some more pictures up on Flicker.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP