5.9.06

The Worst Thing That Can Possibly Happen to a Person

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
So, I got to the subway station today and realized that I had forgotten my book. A 35 minute train ride without a book? Yuk. After digging through my bag I finally found a copy of Mao's Little Red Book hidden in it's depths. Better than nothing.

Today was the first day of the semester. I had my first design class. I've been really excited and I think it's going to be great. The teacher is an female architect from New Delhi (by way of Austin). There's no text, just a sketchbook and some colour pencils. It's going to be really fun. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I designed houses for fun. I've also got Social Problems and Urban Budget & Finance.

In other news... I got a promotion at work. I've got my own store now and the pay is much better, but I've still been a little blah about it. It's like Jim from the Office says, "Right now it's a job, but if I move any higher it becomes a career. And if this were my career..." You get the picture. But I've still got three semesters until I get my degree, so I might as well do something a little more challenging and get paid for it.

J and I are going to Montreal in a couple of weeks for my birthday. I'm really looking forward to it. We're staying in a nice bed and breakfast. I'm looking forward to seeing Parc Mont Real (designed by Fredrick Law Olmsted) and the Biodome. And of course the general joie de vie. If anybody's got any recommendations up there let me know.

2 comments:

onetenchelsea 9:54 PM  

Thanks for the recomendations. habitat 67 was on my list already, but I'll have to check out the architecture center.

...it took me awhile to figure out who you were...

Anna 11:24 AM  

Yeah for your own store! Which terminal is it in? Do you get better hours? I always like to be as in control as possible, so I would sure appreciate that. My brother was like, "if I get into MIT, maybe Zakcq will give me a job." I said, "well that is a long commute." That led into a long discussion about why the redline and blue line do not connect. Although I guess there is the silverline now. Sorry I kind of ignore your urban planning stuff and focus on other things, I suppose it's like me writing about Jesus all the time. Which I guess I don't do. But I could start doing. . .

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP