8.12.05


Boston, Massachusetts
Originally uploaded by Zakcq.
I got to see this guy speak a couple of days ago. Now, I've seen presidents, chancellors and kings, and I still have to say that Chomsky was impressive. His talk mostly centered around the way both major parties and the media keep us ignorant of what the majority of Americans believe, and focus us instead upon the most divisive issues. An example he gave was that 90% of Americans want the Kyoto Accords signed. In fact, a majority of Republicans thought that Bush was in favor. International Criminal Court and Universal health care were other examples.

I finished up my first paper today. It started out being about the Hiawatha Light Rail Line in Minneapolis and somehow ended up being about the evolution of public participation in post war America. Weird how that works, huh? My second paper, Power, Identity and aesthetics in Reunified Germany, is due next week.

Anyways, my brain was getting a little stewed so I went for a walk and took some pictures, which is generally what I do now a days for stress relief. I got a couple of good shots.

I've got semester break starting on the 20th. J is leaving for Egypt on the 26th and gets back on 12 January. I start school again at the end of January. We go to LA on 11 February and from there Jessica goes to Ho Chi Minh City on the 15th. I think I'm going to be going to Mpls sometime in March or April, and then I'm just waiting until May to go to Asia for 5 weeks.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP