8.12.06

So, despite the fact that I still have three papers and a final next week it feels like pretty small fish compared to the two presentations that I had to do this week, so it really feels like school is winding down. My biggest project was the one for Urban Design where we actually had to take an actual place and design something for it. My group worked on a section of abandoned industrial waterfront property in East Boston that has a lot of promise. I'm feeling much better about actually doing drawings now, and I learned how to do 3D modeling with a great program from google called SketchUp that's great and very easy to use. After that I had a presentation on the disastrous results of off-street parking minimums in Massachusetts small towns. Both went well.

My biggest annoyance of the week is that someone from Japan stole $900 from our bank account somehow. We will, of course, get it all back, but it does take a week, plus we had to open a new account which means that we've got to change all of our direct deposits and all of our direct withdrawals and everything else. It's a big pain.

I'm also getting set for next semester already. I'm going to be taking another design class at Wentworth Institute of Technology from the same professor I had this semester and I'll be working on my Thesis. I'm going to continue the work I've done in the past at looking at the intersection of politics, architecture and planning. My major question is going to be if the movement of the Canadian Metropolis from Montreal to Toronto is one of the defining catalysts of Quebecois Nationalism. As far as I've been able to tell, no one has really looked at it that way before because Quebec usually defines it's culture as being rooted in rural tradition, but I think that it's probable that in order for a real nationalist movement to emerge it was necessary for there to be a true Quebecois metropolis to promote Quebecois culture (which is what Montreal was able to become after the Canadian Metropolis shifted to Toronto). I guess we'll find out though.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  10:53 PM  

sounds like an interesting topic. I'm not so keen on having my BU final due this week and then all my other classes still going on as if nothing were different. All my friends are totally taking it easy and I'm writing a 20 page paper.
On the other hand, I like BU a lot, it kind of reminds me of the U a bit. Totally different from Harvard at least. I might take another class there next semester. the only problem is that I'm having shoulder surgery a week before the semester starts. Also it sucks that spring break is at a different time.

kimberly sayer 12:34 PM  

Massachusetts is a state of the United States. It is located in northeastern North paĆ­s.Limita the states of New Hampshire and Vermont to the east by the Atlantic Ocean, south with the states of Connecticut and Rhode Island, and Ooeste with the state of New York.Etnias:costa rica fishing
81.9 % White, 6.8% Hispanic, 5.4% Black, 3.8% Asian, 0.2% Native American, 2.3% mestizosSu name comes from a local indigenous voice that means "large hill place" and historically was part of the original 13 colonies that rebelled against the United Kingdom in the War of Independence of the United States.
http://www.fishingcostaricaexperts.com

Anonymous,  10:43 AM  

The Massachusetts Department of Revenue administers the tax laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, oversees the Child Support Enforcement and Local.Costa rica toursMassachusetts is doing its part to protect our planet. Check out all the great consumer related information on our green page.
http://www.kingtours.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP